Friday, June 28, 2019

Good News/Bad News

I think the nurse was caught off guard.  "Oh, my," she said, "your thyroid levels are all out of whack!"  "Thank God." I responded. 

Thank God because I wanted to find a solution to the problems I was experiencing.  Thank God because hypothyroidism is an easily treatable condition, requiring simply a medication, and a cheap medication at that. 

The bad news???  Well, it takes six to twelve weeks for the medication to build up in your body to a full therapeutic level.  Meaning that I simply will not know for another three months how many of the health issues I've been experiencing are directly related to the thyroid and how many are independent issues that also must be looked into.

But for now I'm just relieved that at least some of the issues will be resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment